Added SxS.manifest files to the installation package to use
technology. this technology allows the OCX files to be used
without having to register them with the operating system. So
far all test on XP, Win 7 and Win 8 machines have shown this to
be an effective method for the use of these controls without
registering them and hence use TPIM from a USB pen drive on a
machine that has never had TPIM installed on it.
1) added a website field to the personal address
2) fixed a few small bugs + hopefully fixed the crash on
some systems when the daily planner is loaded and then
3) added suport for dropbox location so that the dropbox
path can be used on any PC even if the dropbox location is
different. TPIM works very well with the database stored in your
dropbox, you just have to remember to close TPIM before opening
it on another computer otherwise you will get two copies of your
4) added a student photo display to the main class list
double click because it was annoying not to be able to see a
photo of the student whilst looking at the grade sheet.
5) Fixed the import of classes to use the newer xlsx
excel format which wasn't working correctly and included csv
6) Fixed a small bug with the default backup folder path
not being created during setup
7) Fixed a bug with the display of the registration group
in the timeline.
The BETA status from version 7 has now been
removed. This update addresses the following:
1) The major change within this update
is the Toolbar control used throughout the application. In all
previous versions the Toolbars were always static and changing
the window size could easily block out toolbar buttons which you
would not know were there. The replacement Toolbar control is a
lot cleaner and uses cheverons for resizing so that no matter
what the window size all toolbar elements are now still visible.
2) Fixed a bug with adding weekly or fortnightly events
in daily/weekly planning - previously all text was been added
rather than just the selected text.
3) double click on Timeline title bar will rollup roll
4) Changed all Excel imports to open any version of excel
5) Fixed tooltip text (lesson time) for double lessons on
6) Fixed links from popup planner on timeline not using
7) Auto load Postit settings wasn't working in V7 and now
8) Because MyMaths changed their Assessment Manager
interface such that direct access to a classes 'All Result'
download is no longer possible I have had to change the way
MyMaths results can be added to TPIM. To create and update
MyMaths results within TPIM you now have to login to MyMaths and
download the classes 'All Results' excel sheet then go to TPIM
and select this file instead of the previous URL.
9) The ability to change the toolbar
colours and fade styles within TPIM has been replaced with
Themes. The Themes available are currently the same as the
themes in Win XP and TPIM can be set to automatically detect
which theme is being used if you are using Win XP.
This update addresses the following
1) Fixed a bug
with dragging files into the planning sheets as links not saving
as relational paths
2) Fixed the method for multiple consecutive registration
periods of more than 2 periods in a row
3) added a small fix to pasting a class list without
tutor group details from the clipboard.
4) changed the border around the toolbar when minimized
so that's its the same in all windows versions.
5) Fixed a small bug in the grade sheet statistics for
variable type data
6) Added the option to simply copy and paste whole blocks
of cells from Excell to TPIM grade sheet
7) Added the option to delete data in cells by pressing
the delete key either for whole columns, selected cells or an
individual cell. (note No prompt is given and no undo)
information regarding this Beta version please see
TPIM 7 Technical Details
If you try this version
whilst in Beta I would greatly appreciate some feedback
The latest Beta
version of TPIM - Version 6.0.07
will continue to be available whist this is in Beta
Version 7 - This is a
rebuild of version 6 with all system registry dependencies
removed. Due to many institutions implementing mandatory
profiles on their networks or restricted profiles of some sort
or another many problems were related the software not being
able to save its settings or registration information in the
users registry hive. In the case of mandatory profiles the
settings could be saved but would be lost when the user logged
off. Although this is not the fault of this software, especially
since Microsoft recommend the use of system registry it did mean
that in these circumstances a network manager had to be involved
in the installation and deployment of this product.
The removal of these
registry dependencies has effectively made the software self
contained and installable by a normal user on the local
computer, a network share or a removable drive such as a USB
flash drive. All settings are now saved in files located in
various locations depending on the installation type.
For further information regarding this Beta version please see
TPIM 7 Technical Details
If you try this version
whilst in Beta I would greatly appreciate some feedback
This update addresses the following
1) Changed the
Daily/Weekly planning Toggle button so that its location is on
the menu bar in the same place on each view. (user request)
2) Changed the size of the drop down class list so that
the first 10 classes are shown before a scroll bar is used.
3) Added the display of consecutive lessons as a double
lesson in Weekly Planning when this option is selected in the
Planning Settings Panel.
4) Made some changes to the opening of the weekly planner
so that the next available week should automatically be opened
and if a class was been edited in the Daily Planner this class
will automatically be highlighted in the weekly planner.
5) Added Password protection for the Incident Reports
6) Added a Student Files Tab to the Pupil Information
panel so Add, Delete and Open links to external files for
individual pupils. These links can also be links to URLs.
7) Fixed a couple of bugs with the statistics displayed
in the Grade Details pane and saving a comment for different
8) Added an option in Grades to automatically generate a
column for Mean Average of any number of other columns you
select or just generate another column which sums the columns
you select. (user request)
9) Changed the behaviour of dragged files from windows
explorer into the planning sheets so that any dragged file is
automatically just added as a File Link and can then be quickly
opened. This can also be an explore folder or a URL (user
10) Fixed the Attendance recording in the Register so
that it included the current day. (user notification)
This update addresses the following
1) Added a
MyMaths grade sheet support with automatic refresh
2) rewrote the functions for creating a weekly and
fortnightly event in daily planning
3) added email wizard for creating email addresses of
pupils based on a predefined email address structure.
4) added ability to send emails to all visible or
selected pupil from any part of the Register Grades and Class
5) Added Explorer reload messaging in order to reapply
the system tray icon when TPIM is minimized to the tray.
6) Added the ability in the Address book to import other
csv files like a Google export csv file.
This update addresses the following
1) Added a drop down
timetable for the week in the daily planning - just click on the
Week number identification label of the daily plan (right hand
2) Changed the register entry so that when a character is
entered for the register it autmatically jumps to the next pupil
ready for data entry.
3) When setting up a new database there is now an option to
import your lesson timings from the previous years database to
save manually imputing the dates.
4) Added an option in the Setting Panel under Planning to show
consecutive lessons as one double period. The first period of
the double is used for this purpose and this is only shown in
the Daily Planning and the timeline. There are future plans to
implement this in the weekly planning also.
5) fixed a couple of bugs with display of STP when moving from
weekly planning straight into the STP of daily planning.
6) fixed a bug with opening URL's from the User Menu item - you
can now add references to online material such as google books
to your user menu items
7) Removed some functionality for opening certain types of
external files that is no longer required.
8) fixed the fact that the internal version number in 6/0/04
still said 6/0/02
9) Fixed a bug that only reared its ugle head when the register
was used prior to the start of term and it had been set in the
settings panel to show more than one previous lesson.
10) Fixed a bug in the display of the toolbar buttons which
sometimes used the wrong gradient fill when a button was
11) As TPIM now stores all its data files in the Application
Data folder which is normally hidden from a user I have included
links in the start menu TPIM shortcuts folder (created by the
setup program) and in the program itself under Folder Locations
in the settings panel, under the File menu in the toolbar and in
the startup wizard
Improved the refresh display of the timelines toolbar buttons
which provide menu access.
Just a quick update on yesterdays version 6.0.03
it appears that in
preparing yesterdays version 6.0.03 I inadvertently placed the
Grade sheet selector behind another control and made it
impossible to select other Grade Sheets oops sorry!
2) It also
appears that the bug that caused the scheduled reminder to
display more than once also wasn't fixed. I've hopefully done
this now although it does mean that whilst one reminder is being
displayed the timer event that fires the reminders has to be
switched off and so no other reminders set for this time will be
displayed. ie you can't have more than one reminder being
displayed at any one time. I will do some more work this later.
This update addresses the following issues:
1) fixed a bug
that caused the scheduled items to display twice on faster
2) Added Post-it menus to the main menu for showing
hiding all post-its (Alt+P to show all, Alt+H to hide all)
3) added Ctrl+F2 to always bring the toolbar to the front
from any other window in the application
4) Added a button to select a random pupil from the class
in the Register/Grades and Class lists facility
5) Finally added
the option to be able to change the Term Dates having already
created the database. This option may be found under the tool
menu and requires a complex manipulation of the database fields
and tables so it is best not to use this feature unless you have
to ie enter ALL the term dates correctly when first setting up
6) in an attempt
to make TPIM play nicer with Vista's security protection, TPIM
now uses a folder in the users, Documents and Settings ,
Application Data folder to store all its data files that the
user can manipulate. The templates folder and backup folder will
be set to this location by default also.
If you upgrade rather
than doing a full installation and have not ever changed the
location for backup files then your templates and backup files
will automatically be transferred to this location when starting
the program. You can always change these locations in the
settings panel. Any new databases created will be saved in this
folder by default.
Vista, by default,
protects the Program Files folder from reading and writing files
without administrator rights. Because of this it may mean that
only administrators can install this product. once installed
however there should now be no need to worry about creating and
manipulating files in the program files directory. The only real
problem may come when upgrading as this requires the main
program file TPIM.exe to be overwritten. I will be working on
this and other Vista security issues in the next upgrade. One
alternative that has worked for systems that prevented the
installation to the program files folder was to change the
installation folder to c:\TPIM but
this is not really satisfactory.
The Beta status has been
removed from this version and version 4 is no longer available.
please download this latest version and install it over the top of your current
installation since the upgrade feature will not work correctly
until this new version is installed.
. New in this version
1) The main
context menu for the tray icon has been fixed so that when you
click outside the menu it no longer stays open
2) The old help
file for TPIM has been removed and replaced with a new up to
date help file in chm format and suitable for use in Vista.
Keyboard accelerators for all the main TPIM menu facilities are
available from any facility ie so long as one of these
facilities has focus the following keyboard accelerators will
load the facility.
Loads the facility
Alt + D
Alt + W
Alt + T
Alt + R
Register / Grades / Class Lists
Alt + S
Alt + I
Alt + C
Calendar of Events
Alt + O
To do lists
Alt + E
Alt + A
4) A new feature has been added to the
Register/Grades/Class lists which allows you to Synchronize a
class list from an excel sheet. You can find this feature by
scrolling the "What would you like to do?" options when you
first open the register / grades window. To find more
information about this please read the help file.
The good news is that I have received no reports of
major bugs with version 6 and most of the feedback has been very
positive, please keep it coming. This will continue to be
classed as BETA until I decide to remove version 4 all together
and replace it with version 6. Here are the things that have
changed since version 6 was first made available
I have finally fixed the alpha blending option for VISTA which
means that if you use VISTA with TPIM you don't have to turn off
the Alpha Blending option in TPIM's settings. Allowing the alpha
blending makes the popup balloons standout more due to the
shadow effect created. In my opinion they also look much nicer.
2) Fixed a bug in the Register/Grades/Class list that
meant that when you first opened the facility if you chose to
delete a pupil from the class list that first opened without
selecting a class from the dropdown list the pupil would not be
3) Changed the small close/Roll Up/down buttons on the
main window so that they react to mouse hovering. Also added a
minimise to tray button which allows you to show TPIM as an icon
in the tray. Double clicking the icon will restore the TPIM main
window, right clicking on the icon will allow you to select from
the main TPIM menu facilities to open without having the main
TPIM open on screen.
4) Change the main TPIM menu to reflect the same order as
the toolbar and added icons to make it nicer to look at :)
5) Made some changes to the sizing of the main windows
when used in VISTA so that the timeline buttons are all
correctly visible when viewed at its minimum height and the date
is not obscured when it is Rolled Up.
6) In the Grades sheet - added an option to Paste cells
from the clipboard. This can be used to quickly copy and paste a
group of cells from one column in Excel to a single column in a
7) Added Menu accelerator Alt+X or Alt+F4 to close the
main window, however it must have the focus when the keys are
pressed. Also accelerators for each menu facility as indicated
by the underlined letter in the menu + Alt
8) Fixed a few other very small bugs, can't quite
remember all of these. One of them was if you opened the Daily
Planning and then tried to Open the seating plan - TPIM could
crash since it thought the Register window had been opened. If
the register window had been opened previously this wouldn't
9) Fixed a problem with the Schedule Events - if you
schedule events for the day but didn't have TPIM running when
these events took place then TPIM would display all these events
the next time it was opened. This could be rather annoying and
as such this no longer happens. If TPIM misses a
daily/weekly/monthly event it simply resets itself to display
the event the next time the allocated time is reached.
Happy New Year
Until I can verify that this version has no MAJOR bugs it
will stay in BETA and version 4.0.01 will continue to be
available as the most stable version.
Version 6 has moved away from the the MDI (multiple document
interface) running in full screen mode. It now utilizes a
combined toolbar and time line window which takes up little
screen space. All other facilities now open in their own
separate windows. There will be more explanation of these
features as this version develops and hopefully a rewrite of
the help file in chm format for use in Vista.
If you test this version please
provide feedback on pros and con or bugs you find.
GRADE entry BUG fixed : On some databases version
4.0.0 of TPIM would crash when a grade entry was selected. This
was due to a null value being returned from the new field
created in database. This major bug should now be fixed.
The biggest change in this version is the
new functionality of the Timeline Facility.
The Timeline has been made to work outside of the main TPIM MDI
(multiple document interface) This means that it can sit on the
desktop whilst the main TPIM application is minimised. This
allows quick reference to current days schedule of lessons with
a pointer to the current time. Clicking on a lesson will display
a Planning Preview with tabs for the various parts of a short
term plan. The Links Tab displays any links to files or URLs you
included in your planning and will allow you to select the link
and open it from here. Right clicking on any class will
display a context menu option to Open either the Register or
seating plan for this class. Right clicking on any empty area in
the Time line will display your TPIM User Defined Menu links .(A
menu of shortcut to files and URLS that dour design).
Clicking on the TPIM icon in the Title bar will Display options
to open other various parts of TPIM. The address book has also
been made to work outside of the MDI and will not maximise the
main TPIM window when selected from the TimeLine. The EXIT TPIM
option available on the Time Line menu enables you to close TPIM
from the timeline and save its minimised position. TPIM's main
window will remain minimised when opened again if it was
minimised when this option was selected. There is also a mini
arrow button on the right of the Title bar which allows the Time
Line to be shrunk to just the Day and Date. This allows for even
less obscurity of the desktop but with TPIMs option only a click
Other changes in this version are:
1) The import of an excel file for the Calendar of events
would overwrite all other events. If the excel file contained
two events for the same day only the latter event would be
imported. This has now been corrected.
2) The import of a class list and full excel sheet into a
grades sheet, only allowed for spreadsheets with the names of
pupils separated into two columns (Surname/First name)
This has been changed to allow a spreadsheet with the name in
one column (SIMS exports) to be imported. The function
automatically splits the name based on the Surname/First name
separator you specify.
3) Fixed the problem with importing data from a different
sheet in an excel book. Even though the sheet was selected, data
would only get extracted from the first sheet.
4) Removed the save button in the seating plan - seating
plans should now automatically
save whenever a change is made to the desk arrangements.
5) When adding links to planning or other parts of the
program and prompted to browse for a file, TPIM would
automatically open the File Open Dialog in the folder set as the
Open file folder in the File location settings panel of TPIM.
This could be annoying if you wanted to add several files so now
TPIM remembers the last folder that was used and opens
subsequent Open File Dialogs in this folder. This is only for
the current session. Subsequent sessions will default to the
saved file locations foe opening files.
6) Added a lookup option to the grades sheet. When
creating a new grades column you can now select one of two looup
menus or create your own. This saves people using TPIM with a
stylus from having to type in values. The two built in menus are
A* - G and 1 - 5.
7) Added a Fill Down option to the grades column right
click context menu.
This is just a small update from version 3.0 to hopefully fix some
bugs a few people have reported. The following changes have been
1) Fixed some problems with the Show all file links
list not scrolling or displaying correctly after an add or
2) Added a drop upwards to the file links instead of
dropping down so that it doesn't get obscured when the window is
3) I did a lot of extra testing and error coding on the
highlighter control - this should now work better - please
report any errors you have when selecting the highlighter in
1) Greatly improved the quality of a resized
picture when capturing images in the Pupil Information.
This allows for images to be resized from SIMS with better
quality results - (XP and above only)
2) Changed the Excel Import form so that the preview has
a sheet selector which mean when importing data from excel you
no longer have to make sure that the information you want is in
the worksheets default sheet when opened.
3) Added the ability to be able to select your own
templates when exporting from the incident reporter. This means
that you can export to more than one template at any time
without having to change the name of the default template.
4) Added the option to set the location of the Address
5) Added the option to password protect the Address Book
6) Changed the close button in STP to a basic button in
order to stop some problems.
7) Fixed the Calendar of Events for none UK academics
years - hopefully this will solve problems that my Australian
and New Zealand users have been experiencing.
8) Add week numbers and A/B weeks to title bar of Daily
Plan so you can see what week you are in :)
9) Added options and a new template for the Export of
multiple Short Term Plans to the daily planning. You can also
create and choose your own template now. These templates use a
single table per lesson per page in the document and use the
custom document properties to define which the tables cell
location for the information to be sent to. Bookmarks have been
removed since with multiple pages in a document the bookmarks
would not identify other pages. The normal STP daily planning
template has also been changed to remove the text boxes and just
used a fixed size table.
10) Added an option for the popup of homework details (if
entered) when TPIM is minimised. At the moment you can only
enter the number of minutes prior to the end of the lesson that
you would like the popup to be shown.
Other settings will become available shortly like selecting a
sound to coincide with the popup etc
11) Added MULTIPLE GRADE SHEETS option, note however that
hiding columns in the default grade sheet is only temporary
unless you select the save current layout option after hiding in
which case the columns will stay hidden until you unhide them.
12) Added some Network support for synchronising
databases when used on two or more computers. If you store your
database on a wireless network drive use the option to prevent
the computer from entering standby since this will prevent the
disconnection to the database - These facilities are currently
being tested with the idea of creating a centralised database
store for incident reports on a network shared drive which will
be available to Heads of Year or Heads of House and SLT.
1) Fixed a small bug with timetable of greater
than 9 lessons per day being unable to display the Short Term
Planning in the Daily Planning sheet for these lessons.
2) Added options in the General Settings - Planning
section to be able to change the captions for 'Main Activity',
'Homework', 'Dinner Time', 'After School' and 'Notes'
3) Added a facility in the General Settings - File
Locations section to show installed Word Export Templates. These
templates can be opened in Word for editing by selecting the
template and clicking Edit. Note it is important that the
bookmarks within the templates are not changed otherwise the
Export may not work correctly.
4) Fixed a small problem with the display of the drop
down class list in Lesson Properties. Previously the list would
not refresh any empty classes when moving from one day to the
5) Added a function to the incident form to allow
incidents to be imported from another TPIM database (eg last
6) When renaming a grade column, entering the name and
pressing Enter would crash the program - FIXED
7) If the lesson timings have not be entered or are not
correct Loading the register when the seating plan is already
loaded will now automatically show the class that is selected in
the seating plan. The opposite effect was implemented several
versions back. If the lesson timings have been allocated
correctly loading the Register form or the Seating plan will now
automatically select the class that is current for the time and
date of the computer.
8) Added option to change the names of the periods.
Default is 1,2,3 etc In this way a database for a 6 period day
can be created with 7 periods to include lunch in the planning
and then the periods can be renamed.
9) Added File Attachments to the Incident Reporter -
Details Tab. These attachments will automatically get picked up
when an incident report is created as a HTML Email for Outlook.
On the Email Form the attachments may be removed or other
attachments may be made.
1) Added option to turn off Alpha Blending in
balloon messages to help with Windows VISTA operating that are
using the Aero Glass desktop. These systems only seem to be able
to use this function after a long wait (approx 3mins) NOTE this
doesn't happen on VISTA installation that are not using the Aero
Glass desktop.If you are using VISTA and are having freezing
problems goto Veiw Menu - General Settings and select the View
Setting then turn of the Alpha Blending.
2) Changed various control displays to better display on
Vista operating systems
3) Removed the border from the weekly plan and added code
to allow this facility to be used even when displaying up to
about 50 lessons per week for a particular class. If all the
lessons cannot fit into one window a scroll bar is used to view
4) Fixed the Tab Order in the Short Term Planning
5) Changed the file link buttons in the planning sheets
to icon buttons
6) Added a Time Marker to the daily plans to show at
point you are within the lesson at a glance. This is only
function if you have setup the lesson timings for your
7) Changed the icons within the Incident Reporter and the
8) Added the ability within the incident reporter to dump
all incidents for a specific pupil to Excel
9) Added the ability within the incident reporter to
Select the type of incident and have it shown by the icon. This
allows for you to see both Positive and Negative incidents at a
glance. Other Icons are also available for Determining types of
1) Fixed gradient black band on the background of the
2) Disallowed Character [,],\, and ^ from being used as part of
3) Finally managed to prevent the double click on the Main forms
title bar from restoring down the application. It is meant to
run in full screen mode (maximised) at all times (or minised)
4) Fixed a bug in the Timetable which meant that Room Numbers
weren't saved correctly on a two week timetable.
5) Added a scrollbar and formatting button bar to each post-it
note for easier formatting of text within the post-it
6) Add a 'To Do List' facility - multiple Categories and links
to Scheduled Reminders form.
7) Changed the appearance and some functions of the Schedule
8) Added Rich Text formatting to the Reminder Window
8) Reorganised the Main Tool button bar - grouped items of a
9) Added a Rotate 180 degrees function to the seating plans so
its easier to show the plan on an Interactive White Board
10) Added functionality to the lesson Timings such that it now
displays the lessons for the current days timetable rather than
Lesson 1,2,3 etc. Obviously this will only be seen if a lesson
plan can be found for the current day (based on the computers
11) Added a Group facility to the Address Book so that emails
can be sent to specific groups of people simply and easily.
12) Added an Outlook Email facility to the Incident Reports
so that incident reports can be emailed in HTML format to anyone
(or Group) in the address book. By default this sends the email
automatically without seeing it but to do so requires that
Outlook is setup with an emailing account on the computer.
1) the Toolbars are now gradient filled although
you can turn this off in the settings if you prefer. The
gradient colours may be changed from the default in the settings
2) The toolbar buttons now work better, there is no delay
in waiting for the tooltip before you can click on a button.
3) The main applications background gradient function has
been rewritten for more optimal performance when rendering.
4) In the register/grades/class lists 'What would you
like to do today' options - the option to 'Edit a classes
Timetable' has been added. This allows you to change the
timetable for a specific class if your timetable changes during
the year. This function requires considerable manipulation of
the database and the regeneration of the register from the date
5) The option to 'Archive a Class' has also been added to
the 'What would you like to do today' options of the
register/grades/class lists facility.
6) In the timetable - changes are now saved automatically
however the save button on the menu is the only way to save
changes made in the timetable to the Daily Planning sheet. The
icon and tooltip has been changed to reflect this change.
Changes made to none teaching periods are also changed in the
planning but any colours selected for these periods are not
7) In the Calendar of Events there is now a Daily Time
plan and a Working Week Time plan ie 1 day and 5 days similar to
8) In the timetable there is now the option to reverse
the timetable and have Horizonal Periods instead of Vertical
ones. The export to word for this however still only exports in
the default format at present.
9) Fixed a bug with creating a seating plan for the first
class in the list of classes.
10) Added the ability to create a database for up to 12
periods instead of the current 9 periods per day. I should now
be able to extend this even further if required. This has meant
that the DailyPlan1.dot template has had to be changed since
exporting a daily plan for more than 9 periods required a larger
table in the template. The template should be replaced
automatically in the upgrade process.
11) Changed the layout (a little) for the Daily plan so
that not so much space is wasted at the top and bottom of the
page. In this way Users who have a large number of Periods per
day will have a little more space to see their daily planning
12) Added a TIme Line facility based on the timings you
enter in the Timetable Settings Panel. I'm not sure what I want
to do with this Time Line facility as yet so any suggestions
would be good.
In the last upgrade, the changes
made to allow class codes in the timetable to be reflected in
the daily planning sheet had a detrimental effect on many other
functions throughout the program. If a change was made to the
caption of a class on the timetable it would show up on th
eplanning but things like the weekly plan, history viewer, word
exports, planning imports etc would stop working. I have had to
make considerable changes to get these working again and leave
the ability to change the class captions in the planning sheet
via the timetable. If you come accross something that doesn't
work as it did before you changed a class caption in the
timetable please let me know.
1) When selecting a filelink the name of the link
is automatically populated with the selected files name.
2) added keyboard shortcuts for bold, italic and
underline - Ctrl+B, Ctrl+I ctrl+U respectively to edit boxes
that have a formatting toolbar.
3) In the grades sheet - the sort/query panel now also
contains a Detail Tab for setting extra options for each grade
column. The extra options include a Due date, a Set Date, a
linked File and a Comment. This is also where the average for
the column data is shown.
4) When the register/grades form is already open and the
seating plan is selected the seating plan will now attempt to
automatically load the same
class and highlight the same pupil as is currently selected in
the register/grades form.
5) When the classcode displayed in the timetable is
changed and saved then this should now show up in the planning
sheets as well. Changes can only be made in the timetable and
editing the classcode in the daily planning sheet has now been
6) a bug which caused the sofware to crash when exporting
a cover sheet of a class that has no pupils entered into it has
now been fixed.
7) Keycodes used in the class register can now be set to
any colour font. This should allow the register and trends to be
more easily seen. Simply go to Settings - Register/Grades and
then click on a Register key code to see the option to change
8) As requested by someone a while back - In the
register/grades/class list form you can now scroll through the
"select a class" dropdown using the up/down keys as long as it
has the focus. The tab key swaps the focus between the select a
class dropdown and the pupil class list.
1) If you add room numbers to the timetable then
they will also appear in the daily planning under the period
2) The display of the month icon in the calendar of
events facility has been fixed
3) Added the option to schedule items every Fortnight and
every month as well as daily and weekly items.
4) Added the option to schedule a file or program to be
5) Added mean averages to the grades Stats display tab.
6) Fixed the problem below.
The webupdate program now included within the software has
also been changed and after installing or upgrading please check
to see that you now have ver 22.214.171.124 of the file WebUpdt.exe
There was a serious problem with any fresh
installation of version 2.0.00 and 2.0.01
This problem manifested itself in such as
way that any function that involved the Microsoft Data Control
would crash the program. Only users that had not already
installed a version of TPIM lower than 1.6.08 were affected. The
reason for this problem was a missing dll file which was thought
not to be needed now that the grid control has been updated.
Unfortunately, the data control also requires this file and it
has taken a considerable amount of time and effort to track this
down, due to the lack of support available for the intrinsic VB6
My apologies for any inconvenience
caused to any individuals. Should you still have this problem it
is recommended that you download the latest version and install
over the top of your current version. Alternatively you can find
a link to downloading the missing file in the FAQ.
1) added the option to export lesson resources for
a time period rather than a select class (science teachers)
2) added the ability to display the last used tab in the
short term plan automatically
3) removed an error message with the grade colour
selector when moving a column
4) replaced the Toolbar throughout the software -
shouldn't notice much difference but it should work better -
(gradient highlighted buttons - option to change toolbar colour)
- all toolbars are now the same size
5) Changed the colour of the text for highlighted cells
in the Register/grades grid so that its easier to read when
6) Changed the colour of the inactive tab text in the
settings panel so they are easier to read.
7) Bug fixed when deleting a class that has more than one
seating plan attached to it. This bug also effected the correct
functioning of the Archive facility.
This is a major update
and requires a reinstall of the application. Existing users can
install over the top of the current version without a problem,
just download, extract and install.
1) The grid control used in the register and grades has
been replaced by another grid control that provides more
flexability. So far using this grid I have added
a) colours to the even rows for better definition which
may be changed in the settings panel
b) any cell in the register that contains a lesson note
should display a small red tag in the corner of the cell.
c) the ability to select a cell or group of cells and set
the background colour in the grades sheet
d) the ability to select a group of cells and copy the
data to the clipboard
e) better splitting of the key/Notes panel in the
register when resizing.
2)The settings panel now contains a place to add a Proxy
Server address and port ID used. By adding your schools proxy
server settings, you can check for internet upgrades and upgrade
from school. This will not effect your ability to upgrade when
at home because the program automatically detects if a proxy
server is being used to connect to the internet.
3) The internet upgrade facility has been changed again
to adapt better to future changes. Upgrading via the built in
upgrade facility prior to this version will either download and
install a single file upgrade without having to reboot or when
required download a special setup file and run a reinstallation
without having to reboot.
1) Item 9 of ver 1.6.7 caused a bug in adding a
new class from the Register/Grades/Class Lists facility. This
only affected databases that contained a single (not
biweekly) timetable - this has now been fixed.
1) fixed a bug with the scheduler - clicking on
edit or delete when there were no scheduled tasks would crash
2) Fixed a small bug with adding a scheduled homework in
the daily plan and then swapping to the weekly plan would cause
the item to be displayed in other homework fields that should
not contain this item.
3) Added the options to schedule weekly/fortnightly items
to the context menu of the weekly plan
4) Added the option to see more of the individual
sections in the Short Term Plan Tabs. Just click on any of the
box captions for Starter, Main Activity, Homework, Plenary etc
to expand the box. Click again to restore the box size.
5) You can now move directly from a weekly plan view of a
lesson to the Short Term Planning for this lesson by using the
toolbar button in the Weekly View or double clicking on the
Title of the lesson.
6) Added a context menu to the right-click of the Lesson
Title in the weekly plan so that it matches the context menu of
the Daily Plan.
7) Added the text highlighter to the weekly planning
8) Under certain types of database corruption - TPIM
would simply crash when trying to open the database. TPIM now
prompts you about the database corruption and remains available
for use. For more info on the type of corruption see
9) Fixed a bug with adding a new class not displaying in
the correct week of a dual timetable if the Week allocations had
previously been used to change the some weeks from week A to B
or visa versa.
1) Made all imports and exports to excel Late
Binding. This means there should no longer be any office version
specific bug when exporting/importing to excel.
2) Made some small changes to the import functions for a
class list from another TPIM database. (There was a bug when a
notes category had been added to the class that was being
3) Rewrote the function which imports the calendar of
events from another TPIM datbase - (wasn't working very well)
4) Added an option to completely clear all entries from
5) Hopefully fixed a little bug in the Register Notes
1) Fixed a bug that stopped the paste lesson plan
from becoming available when a lesson plan had been copied.
2) Changed the export to MS Word for the daily planning
sheet so that it now uses the Word template (DailyPlan1.dot)
TPIM will prompt to download this if it doesn't exist in the
3) Added an option in the Resources Section of the Lesson
Plan to export the resources outlined to MS Word for multiple
Nothing special in this upgrade - just added a bit of
extra error coding and corrected a few visibility problems
caused by changes made in the previous 2 versions.
1) Fixed a problem with adding a Pupil ID
number/code to the Pupil Information panel
2) Added the ability to import other field information
when importing a class list from Excel.
If you have any of the following Column Titles in the class list
Excel Sheet when you import the class list. TPIM will now add
this information to the database. Column Titles are the same as
the database field names:
Sex, Address1, Address2, Address3, PostCode,
Tel1, Tel2, Email, PID, Notes
Note - TPIM checks Row 1
titles for these names and stops checking for titles when if
finds a Column with no title so don't use any empty columns
between you data.
1) Added Excel Import and Export functions to the
Calendar of events.
2) Integrated MSWord spell checks into the incident
reporter and pupil notes categories.
3) Added a reset default positions button to the startup
tab of the general settings page - hopefully this may help
remove an intermittent error message when opening TPIM if one of
the facilities has faulty registry position settings.
Note - If you are using version
1.6.1 you should now be able to use the built-in upgrade
facility to upgrade to this version 1.6.2.
1) Added a Wizard which splits the pupil names
from one column of an Excel spreadsheet into two columns
(Surname and firstname) This was added primarily to help with
acquiring data from SIMS.NET (NOVA-T) in a format suitable for
import into TPIM.
2) Fixed a bug with adding file links in the weekly
planning view which cause the software to shutdown.
3) Added a section in the short term lesson plan for
Resources used in the lesson.
4) Fixed the import into COE from outlook so that only
events entered for the current academic year will be imported.
5) Added a bulk class email option to the pupil
information sheet. Holding the control key down whilst clicking
the email button to any pupil will add any other pupil email
addresses in this class to the Blind Carbon Copy field.
6) There are several routines within the software that
allow the import of data from another TPIM database or archive
database. If these databases were password protected these
routines would crash the program. This has now been fixed and
will prompt for the database password before importing.
7) Added a IMPORT PLANNING WIZARD in order to be able to
import one or more lesson plans from another TPIM database. In
this way lesson plans can be shared or a set of lessons for a
specific class can be archived as a SOW or POS.
8) Added an option to be able to send the selected Month
of the Calendar of Events to MS Word. The word template
COE1.dot is required in the templates folder which you will
be prompted to download if you upgrade and doesn't have this
There was an error in the changes made to
the built in upgrade feature in ver 1.6.0. As a result of this
it is not possible to upgrade to ver 1.6.1 using this feature.
Please download the whole program and install over the current
1) added a better registration
routine which doesn't require registry information and will work
better with school network logins. (This may require that you
re-enter your registration code after upgrading depending on your
2) Added template facility for exporting a cover sheet to
3) Added a category for the notes made in the register
panel for each pupil per lesson to be viewed in the Note
Categories Section added in version 1.5.002. This category will
always be available and cannot be deleted. It collates all the
notes that you make in the register notes panel and allows you to
see them all in one go without having to export.
4) With the new notes category - added an Export to Word
button on the toolbar which uses the templates
Notes1.dot for register notes and
Category1.dot for any of the other categories that you add.
Category notes are exported for the whole class into a table in
the word document.
5) Changed the built in internet upgrade facility to help
users to upgrade from within the application and provide more
upgrade flexibility in the future.
6) When exporting a coversheet the register will now be
sorted in alphabetical order via surname as apposed to the order
in which the names are stored in the database.
7) Added a summary tab to the Pupil Information panel which
gives attendance figures, lesson notes, incidents etc for the
1) fixed a couple of bugs with the Incident
Reporter which was not saving the correct details for the first
incident entered if another incident was created immediately
2) fixed the calendar control display - which wasn't
showing the selected date as highlighted
3) Added Copy/Paste Plan options to the right-click menu of
the daily planning period. This allows you to select a lesson that
you have already planned for and copy it then paste it into
another lesson. All the short term plan information is copied
together with any file links for the planning. Pasting a lesson
plan will remove any information already entered into the plan
prior to pasting.
4) Added the ability to resize the Post-it
notes and set their Title Captions independently of each other.
1) Changed the main
icon for the whole program.
2) Fixed a bug when
toggling to weekly view whilst the STP is open.
3) Added option to
Turn off the pupil notes per lesson in the register panel
4) Changed the
notes section in pupil information to 'other information' which
may contain more than 255 characters however this will only be
seen when a new class is created or if the database field 'Notes'
in a Class_ table is changed from Text to Memo manually in access.
changed the NOTES section so that you can now add Note Categories
which can contain 1.2Gb of information per pupil. (Ideal for
keeping a copy of annual reports)
6) Rewritten many
parts of the help file which can be
downloaded separately here
7) Added the 'TO'
and 'CC' bookmarks missing in the IR1.dot (incident report
8) Added error
coding support for bad installations or if registry information is
9) Added warning
message when there is less than 5 days remaining of trial period.
10) Fixed a bug with the uploaded version 1.5.01
Thanks to those
of you who have reported errors and made suggestions for future
upgrades, I will continue to work on those that are viable but not
1) There have been
many small (minor) bug fixes since version 1.4.03 however the
major change in this version is the new look! most icons have been
changed to softer looking icons (24 bit instead of the old 16
bit). Gradient fills have been added to labels and Titles.
See the changes here
2) The Schedule Reminder
facility has had a complete rewrite and now allows reminders to be
sound only + will allow the reminder to be set every day or every
1) Fixed a bug with
saving of data in the short term plan when the window is closed
without first reverting to the normal daily plan view.
2) Made some
changes to the Backup Database function to hopefully help reduce
the possibility of corrupting a database when compacting and
backing up, especially when using the database on a USB or
3) Added the Backup
option to Backup the database without compacting which basically
justs copies the current database to the backup folder which is
set in the general settings.
4) Changes the
progress meter to a more XP style progress bar.
1) Added an
option to use URL's as Links in the planning sheets.
2) Removed the
ability to use quotation mark when imputing data that is used in
an SQL statement as it causes problems.
3) Restructured the
User Menu to make it easier to create your own user menu with
Folder items and URLs.
4) Fixed a bug in
the setup program for Windows 98 operating systems.
5) Fixed a bug in
the setup wizard.
6) Tested the
install and program functionality on Windows 98 with (DAO 3.5).
1) added a link
from the daily planning to the register for easy access
2) Changed the Shuffle desks
function in seating plan so that desks that were not arranged in a
uniform manner do not get all swapped around.
3) Added the ability to
create multiple seating plans for individual classes for those
that do not teach a class in the same room all the time.
4) Changed the export
register to excel function to reflect the new international term
blocks instead of just the UK autumn, spring and summer.
Further to the fix
in version 1.3.19 : Amended the term dates to reflect any number
of terms starting and ending at any points within a year. 4 Terms
for Australian teachers can
now be used and the calendar of events will reflect academic year
Jan - Dec. The 'Term' descriptions in the short term plan have
been changed to Term (1), Term (2) etc as apposed to the UK
autumn, spring and summer.
version fixes a major bug in the database creation on systems not
using the English(UK) regional and language
settings which do not have the system shortdate format dd/mm/yyyy
. I hope that this is now fixed and I have ammended the code to
reflect the users regional settings such that the Days and Months
will be displayed in the users language.
version has only one bug fixed however this is an important
update. The bug in question is only related to classes that are
taught in Week B of a dual timetable. If a class was created using
the 'Add New Class' wizard in a dual timetable it is possible that
certain register dates would be omitted. In the extreme case no
register table would be created. This would not happen if the
class was created during the initial database setup. This update
is very important for all teachers that are undertaking a dual
timetable and may need to delete a class and add a new class
throughout the year.
1) Changed the serial generation code again to
make it more robust.
This will mean that
if you are a registered user and reinstall the product from fresh
information will not work. Please request a new registration
serial in this
Upgrading via the internet will not effect any currently
Fixed a bug with the new template for seating plans which cause
the application to crash if there was a class that had no pupils
attached to it.
3) Fixed a bug with the
register creation for classes that were entered for more than 250
lessons per academic year. This is not allowed at it reaches the
maximum number of fields in an access database. The work around is
to seperate the class into 2 classes say one in the morning and
one in the afternoon.
4) Fixed the incorrect text
description on the general settings tab for security and
5) Fixed a problem in the
setup file with respect to registering a dll file that didn't need
6) Made an attempt to fix
registration information from being destroyed from the registry
when logging on to a network that provided mandatory profiles. The
effectiveness of this attempt will depend on the users privileges
and may need the administrator to install and register the
fixed a few bugs in the address book and added the facility to add
a bit of
information to the front page of the address book. just double
click under the big @ picture!
2) Added a pupil information
pane to the register for storing notes on pupils per lesson. Can
be resized according to the screen size.
3) Added the ability to
import whole Excel sheets of data into the grades section of a
class for easier data input.
4) Added to ability to
import all grade entries from another (last years) TPIM database
in one go so that you can keep information on a class together.
5) Added multiline and memo
(1.2 Gb of data) fields to grades and notes section.
6) Added Adjustable row
heights for Grades and Notes section.
7) Changed the 'Check for
Internet Upgrade' to search the new web site for upgrades
8) Added ability to create a
seating plan and then use the layout of this plan with other
classes, although this relies on the original plan that you are
copying from having enough desks to locate each pupil of the new
1) Added support for 9 periods per day as
requested by one user
2) Fixed a bug with the automatic internet upgrade on
startup if no internet connection was available.
1) If you have imported pupil pictures into TPIM
for a class you can now see the pictures whilst doing the register
if the option to show them is turned on in settings.
2) added a new option for picture import of whole
class from single picture bmp files based on filenames entered
into a grades column. More information will be available on this
shortly via a FAQ
3) corrected a couple of bugs in the Incident
4) added a word template for exporting Incidents
from TPIM to Word. TPIM will prompt to automatically download the
template if it doesn't exist in the templates folder. The template
can be downloaded manually but must be placed in the c:\.....\TPIM\Templates
folder for this to work. Download from :
Using a template for the Incident report allow users to customize
the way their incident reports look.
5) New look TABS !! let me know what you think!
changed General Settings form so as to be able to add more
Improved the backup facility so that the last five backups are
made when backing up.
Imporved the incident reporter and added Tutor and Teacher name to
exported word documents.
4) Fixed a problem with multiple classes in one
day not gererating more than one register when creating a new
5) Import Outlook Notes as TPIM post-its
6) Added a Basic Address Book with options to
import from outlook and outlook express.
Due to the added support for more
than 3 terms a bug crept in with systems that were not using the
system short date format dd/mm/yy. This bug prevented the database
from being created correctly and an Error : 0 would occur.This
should now be fixed for all system date formats.
added error coding to the incident
2) fixed a problem with
removing the password
3) added the full
manipulation of Users shortcut menu so that shortcuts can be
4) Changed the user
interface of the incident reporter
Added support for creating more
than 3 Terms per acedemic year.
Fixed bug for use of the colon
character in field names, this is not allowed and is now not
2) Added the
ability to see more than one previous registration when opening
the register, as requested by user.
3) Added a shuffle
button in the seating plan to randomly shuffle around the desks.
4) Added the
ability to search for pupils that are taught when creating an
5) Added an
Archive facility to archive individual classes to their own
When the database is created in the
first place, all weeks throughout the term are designated 'A' and
'B' consecutively. In some institutions that run a dual timetable
the last week in a term may possibly be the same as the first week
of the next term and as such makes the planning and registers for
classes unusable in the second term. In this version a "Change
Week Allocations Wizard" has been added so that all weeks from a
designated date will be changed to the opposite week. Using this
you can change the week allocations from a certain date without
effecting any data input up to this date
1) The web upgrade facility had stopped working
due to continuing problems accessing the home page on the lycos
The location of the upgrade files was changed to AOL and this
version now accesses upgrades from the AOL server which is more
2) A new "Incident Report" facility has been
added for the purposes of keeping track of incidents related to
(if you use this facility and would like to offer ways to improve
it please don't hessitate to contact me: "Incident Report
1) Added error coding to the timetable facility :
(please report any error messages recieved.)
2) Added a multiline facility to the COE window,
which allows you to record multiple events per day.
3) Added the option to import MS Outlook calendar
events into the COE window.
4) Add automatic vertical scroll bars to all
5) Lesson properties – drop down list for
subjects. now remembers last subject added.
1) Fixed a bug associated with the opening of the
TIMETABLE after Ver 1.3.4 upgrade.
1) Scheduled message would crash application if a
modal form was displayed at the same time.
2) Any menu item with a picture cannot have an
access keys aswell. Access keys were removed for these items.
3) Room Allocations can now be added to the
4) The timetable will automatically open the
currently used week A or B on a biweekly timetable.
5) Entering the name for grades column would not
allow upper case E
6) Support for opening interwrite GWB files in
interactive mode via the file links & shortcuts.
1) Invalid fieldname characters can no longer be
entered into the Classcode
2) Up to 6 characters can now be used for the
classcodes as opposed to 4 previously
3) Seating plan bitmaps were not saving
correctly. Can now be exported to word ready for printing.
4) Creating a database with the same name as one
that already existed caused an error.